Reference #288: The First 90 Days
The following are the eight core challenges you face in a transition:
- Preparing yourself: adopting the right mindset.
- Accelerating your learning: figuring out what you need to learn and how.
- Matching your strategy to the situation: diagnosing the type of transition you face.
- Negotiating success: building your relationship with your new boss and managing expectations.
- Securing early wins: building short-term momentum while advancing long-term goals.
- Achieving alignment: identifying and fixing misalignment in your organisation
- Building a team: assessing and aligning your team towards what you want to accomplish.
- Creating alliances: building a base of internal and external support to make your initiatives easier.
Watkins. The First 90 Days, 2013. (228)RSS