Reference #224: The First 90 Days
There are five specific conversations on transition-related subjects you should have with your boss in your first 90 days. They are not constrained to individual meetings but instead are ongoing and intertwined discussions.
The five conversations are as follows:
- The situational diagnosis conversation: how your boss understands the situation.
- The expectations conversation: what success looks like.
- The resource conversation: what you need from your boss.
- The style conversation: how you and your boss most effectively interact on an ongoing basis.
- The personal development conversation: occurring a few months in; what your development priorities should be.
Watkins. The First 90 Days, 2013. (93-95)RSS